Lazy Man’s Ravioli This dish has a delicious meat sauce, loads of ooey gooey cheese, spinach and even more cheese. It is easy to make yet tastes so incredible you would think a professional chef made it. INGREDIENTS 1 1/2 lbs Lean ground beef 1 […]
Chicken Parmesan Lasagna Recipe This recipe tastes so good you won’t want to make the original with beef again. Loaded with cheese, vegetables and the creamiest sauce, will make your mouth water just lookin at it. Ingredients 1 1/2 cups fresh mushrooms, sliced 1 […]
Ground turkey and Italian sausage lasagna with whole wheat noodles.
Tip: When buying feta cheese for this recipe, look for the kind flavoured with sun-dried tomatoes and basil. When it comes to the shredded cheese, there are many delicious, pre-shredded 4-cheese blends on the market. Any blend labelled “Italian” would be perfect for lasagna, as would combinations of Asiago, Parmesan, Provolone, Monterrey Jack, Mozzarella or Cheddar.
5 sun-dried tomatoes (not oil-packed)
2 tsp olive oil
1 ½ cup chopped red onions
2 tsp minced garlic
1 ¼ lb(s) (568 g) extra-lean ground turkey
8 oz (227 g) lean Italian turkey sausage
1 cup packed grated unpeeled zucchini
1 jar (700 mL) your favourite tomato-based pasta sauce
1 can (19 oz/540 mL) tomatoes with Italian herbs, undrained, chopped
1 Tbsp dried Italian seasoning
1 Tbsp balsamic vinegar
1 Tbsp brown sugar
¼ tsp freshly ground black pepper
¼ cup minced fresh basil leaves
2 cup light ricotta cheese
2 oz (57 g) crumbled feta cheese with herbs (see Tip)
1 pkg frozen spinach, thawed, squeezed dry and chopped
12 whole wheat lasagna noodles
1 ½ cup packed shredded 4-cheese blend
1. Pour 1/2 cup of boiling water over sun-dried tomatoes and let soak while you prepare the sauce.
2. To make sauce, heat olive oil over medium-high heat in a large pot. Add onions and garlic. Cook and stir until onions have softened, about 4 minutes.
3. Add ground turkey and sausage, breaking up any large pieces. Cook until meat is no longer pink. Add zucchini and cook for 2 minutes. Add all remaining sauce ingredients, except fresh basil. When sun-dried tomatoes are soft enough, drain and chop them (fine) and add to sauce. Bring sauce to a boil.
4. Reduce heat to low and simmer, covered, for 20 minutes. Stir in minced basil and remove from heat.
1. Combine all filling ingredients in a medium bowl and mix well. Refrigerate until ready to use. Cook lasagna noodles according to package directions. Drain well.
2. Preheat oven to 375ºF. To assemble, lightly spray a deep 9 x 13-inch casserole dish with cooking spray. Spoon some meat sauce over bottom of dish. Arrange 4 noodles over sauce and layer as follows: 1/3 meat sauce, 1/2 4-cheese blend, 4 noodles, 1/3 meat sauce, all of the ricotta/spinach mixture, 4 noodles, 1/3 meat sauce, 1/2 4-cheese blend. Cover loosely with foil and bake for 30 minutes.
3. Uncover and bake 10 more minutes. Let lasagna stand for 10 minutes before serving.
Per serving: 399 calories, 15 g total fat (6.8 g saturated fat), 31 g protein, 35 g carbohydrate, 4.4 g fibre, 119 mg cholesterol, 815 mg sodium.
Want Lasagna made with Chicken and a creamy white sauce instead?
WANT MORE AMAZING HEALTHY RECIPES?
My long time grade school best friend calls me this morning and tells me she is bored with the Bacon & Asparagus Carbonara that she makes. She wants me to give her some new Carbona recipe ideas. Dianna my dearest friend, these are for you ❤❤. […]
Homemade Macaroni & Cheese “The absolute BEST Mac n cheese you will ever eat!” Serves 10 – 12 | Prep Time 20 min | Cook Time 15 min 1 lb pasta of your choice (I use rotini or macaroni) 1/2 cup butter 1/2 cup flour […]