Did You Know? Cucumbers are considered a fruit? Fruits are the part of the plant that contains the seeds. It is the part of the plant that develops from a flower.
Benefits Of Grapefruit There are many Health benefits to eating grapefruit. However, there are also just as many side effects to eating it as well. Please make sure before starting any grapefruit program you see you Doctor and make sure it is safe. I will […]
What Is Muskmelon? 🍈
Muskmelon is what I think of as My Superhero Fruit. It is cooling and hydrating because they have such a high percentage of water. Muskmelons are often mistaken for Cantaloupes, they are both melons but are so completely different.
Reticulatus Group Cantaluperis Group
Round fruit with net like ribbed rind Round fruit with a warty rough rind
Mild to moderate ribbing Heavier deep grooved ribbing
Sweet orange flesh Orange or green flesh
Muskmelons are also called:
- Cucumis Melo
- Sweet Melons
- Rock Melons
32 Benefits of Eating Muskmelon Daily
There are so many health benefits to eating Muskmelons every day. It is important to even keep the seeds.
- Controls Blood Pressure – They are rich in potassium which helps regulate blood pressure.
- Strengthens Eyes – Muskmelon contains high amounts of Vitamin A and Beta Carotene and helps reduce the risk of Cataracts.
- Helps Weight Loss
- Muskmelons contain ZERO fat
- Good Carbs – They have good carbs derived from sugars which are easily broken down by they body.
- Water Content is very high
- Muskmelon Seeds – The seeds inside a Muskmelon contain special fibre which is beneficial to your overall health.
- Potassium – The Muskmelon contains a very high content of Potassium which helps reduce belly fat.
- Helps control Diabetes by regulating blood sugar.
- Low in Cholesterol
- Boost Immune System & Treats Ulcers – Because they have super rich Vitamin C eating muskmelon will strengthen your immune system and stimulate and increase white blood cells.
- Relieves Constipation as it contains a high amount of fibre
- Prevents Kidney Stones – Oxykine is an extract of muskmelon which helps cure Kidney Disorders.
- Helps During Pregnancy
- High Folate content which prevents water retention
- Induce breast milk – Regular consumption of the musk melon during lacation helps mothers by enhancing the sufficient breast milk production to properly feed their baby.
- Rich in folic acid and iron
- Prevents baby from birth defects
- Provides relief of morning sickness
- Cures Sleeping Disorder – Muskmelons relax the nerves and muscles making it easier to sleep
- Eases Menstrual Cramps
- Dissolves Clots and eases muscle cramps
- Prevents The Risk Of Cancer – Vitamin C eliminates free radical, saving the cells of the body from getting damaged by them preventing the risk of getting Cancer.
- Helps In Quitting Smoking – Muskmelon helps the body recover from Nicotine withdrawals by rejuvenating the lungs
- Prevents Heart Disease – Reduces the risk of heart ailments from the adenine in the fruit
- Stomach Ulcers – The high Vitamin C helps soothe and cure stomach ulcers
- Relieves Stress – Eating Muskmelon increases flow of oxygen to the brain
- Healthy Skin – It has an anti – aging property which makes skin glow and become acne free
- Soothes A Toothache – Boil the melon skin in water. Rinse your mouth once a day. The skin contains certain extracts to relieve toothaches.
- Acid Reflux – Muskmelons contain a neutral PH that fixes acidity issues
- Cough & Congestion – The melon seeds provide relief from coughing as they flush out the excess of phlegm from your system
- Muskmelons contain Vitamin B content and protein which strengthens your hair and nails
- Prevents UTI (Urinary Tract Infections)
- Boosts body energy
- Helps prevent age related bone loss
- Erectile Dysfunction – Muskmelon Juice is a natural aphrodisiac which enhances sexual desire among men and cures Erectile Dysfunction. Other fruit that can help with ED is Watermelon, Cooked Tomatoes, Guava, Apricots and Cantaloupe
- The Muskmelon Seeds provide help to get rid of Intestinal Worms
- How to find a ripe Melon – A ripe Muskmelon with be heavier than one that hasn’t fully ripened
- Try to include Muskmelon into your daily diet – For example
- Salad (dry the seeds and use them on top as well)
- Fruit Smoothie
Raw Honey or Stevia (to taste)
- Rinse the melon in water. Cut in half and slice into long pieces
- Remove the peel and separate it from the flesh & remove seeds (keep flesh and seeds)
- Chop and add in a blender. Add desired sweetener. No need to add water
- Blend until smooth
- Pour into glasses and serve
If Juice is too thick – add water
Serve juice immediately. Do not chill or refrigerate, it changes the flavour and loses freshness.
Muskmelon Agua Fresca
10 cups Muskmelon
3 tbsp lime juice (fresh)
5 tbsp sugar
3 cups water
Mint Leaves for garnish
- In a blender, puree muskmelon until smooth. Pour through a strainer (makes 4 1/2 cups)
- Discard pulp or freeze into ice cubes for your drink (yummy)
- Pour liquid melon into large pitcher and add water and lime juice
- Stir to combine
- Sweeten with sugar according to taste
- Keep chilled until ready to serve
Serve with muskmelon chunks, plenty of ice and mint.
Strain puree 2x to get a nice clear liquid. Add a pinch of salt to bring out the flavour.
There you have it !
It goes to show you that if we were to stick to eating the way they used to in the old days, making our own foods, growing our fruits and vegetables and leaving all the processed junk alone. We may live a lot longer and much healthier lives. I remember all those old movies my mom and dad used to watch and seeing the people get super old sitting in the rocking chairs on the front porch and talking about there parents that were sleeping inside lol. They didn’t talk about cancer and diabetes and all the terrible horrifying things we have now days. There has to be something said about the way they lived back then.
If you have tried any of the methods above or if you want to try and test some out. Let me know by leaving some comments below and tell me how they work 😊
References for this article
There’s nothing like fruit kebabs to amp up the fun factor at snack time or summer get-together’s. Wow everyone’s taste buds by whipping up a creamy yogurt dip spiked with maple syrup. Prep Time: 5 minutes Cook Time: no cooking needed Kebabs: 8 strawberries, halved […]