Benefits Of Grapefruit There are many Health benefits to eating grapefruit. However, there are also just as many side effects to eating it as well. Please make sure before starting any grapefruit program you see you Doctor and make sure it is safe. I will […]
What Is Muskmelon? 🍈 Muskmelon is what I think of as My Superhero Fruit. It is cooling and hydrating because they have such a high percentage of water. Muskmelons are often mistaken for Cantaloupes, they are both melons but are so completely different. Muskmelons […]
There’s nothing like fruit kebabs to amp up the fun factor at snack time or summer get-together’s. Wow everyone’s taste buds by whipping up a creamy yogurt dip spiked with maple syrup.
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: no cooking needed
- 8 strawberries, halved
- 2 peaches or nectarines or 3 plums, sliced into 8 wedges each
- 2 bananas, peeled and each cut into 8 pieces
- 250 mL (1 cup) 0% fat plain Greek yogurt
- 30 mL (2 tbsp) pure maple syrup
- 2 mL (1/2 tsp) ground cinnamon
- Kebabs: Pierce fruit onto small skewers, alternating fruit.
- Yogurt dip: In a bowl, whisk together yogurt, maple syrup and cinnamon. Serve with fruit kebabs.
Makes 8 kebabs.
- This is one snack that little chefs will love making and eating.
- Make the dip a day ahead and refrigerate until ready to use.
- Unleash your inner chef and experiment with endless fruit combinations.
Recipe developed by Emily Richards, P.H. Ec. for Health Canada and the Heart and Stroke Foundation.