Mushroom Ricotta Bruschetta There is something irresistible about warm french bread with mushrooms and cheese! I love Bruschetta bread in the normal way BUT these are 3 of my favourite food items all wrapped into 1 appetizer. Ingredients 1 cup ricotta cheese 1 egg 1 lemon, zested […]
Best Moist Zucchini Bread Recipe The first time I heard some talking about Zucchini bread I thought they had lost their mind. I thought how in the world can that be good? It sounded disgusting. After years ( yes years unfortunately ) of hearing […]
There is something so comforting about warm banana bread, it just makes a perfect late night snack or homemade gift.
This one is simple to make, packed with banana’s, it is delicious plain, with nuts or add some chocolate chips for a real treat.
For this recipe you can totally omit the walnuts but they really do add so much flavor. You can always substitute chocolate chips for the walnuts which would be delicious.
- 2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 egg
- 1⅛ cup sugar
- ½ cup vegetable or canola oil
- 2 tablespoons buttermilk or milk
- ½ teaspoon vanilla
- 3 bananas mashed very well
- ½ cup chopped walnuts (optional)
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- Add flour, baking soda and salt to a small bowl and set aside.
- Mix egg, sugar and oil and stir until well combined
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet and stir well. The mixture will be thick and dry.
- Next add milk, vanilla and bananas and stir until incorporated.
- Mix in walnuts and pour into a loaf pan.
- Cook 50-75 minutes, checking regularly until a knife comes out clean.
You really want super ripe or slightly brown bananas for the best flavor.
If your bananas are fresh you can place them in a brown paper bag closed tightly for a day or two to help them brown, keep them attached at the stem for faster ripening or if you need them brown right away, place them in a 300 degree oven for 30 minutes and then let cool for 30 minutes. Be sure to place foil or parchment under the bananas before popping them in the oven as they may leak a tiny bit.
WANT MORE DELICIOUS RECIPES?
This Banana Bread is loaded full of yummy goodness ! Made with bananas, mini chocolate chip and pecans and only 173 Calories per slice. What is even better than that, it makes 2 loaves so you can give one to a friend 😊. Or tell no […]
Print Veggie BLT with Coconut Bacon, Caramelized Leeks & Roasted Tomato Prep Time 20 mins Cook Time 1 hrs Total Time 1 hrs 20 mins Homemade coconut bacon with smoked paprika and maple syrup is the star of these piled-high sandwiches. We suggest […]