So it may sound a little crazy to add chocolate to your main dish. But if you have never tried it, you will be pleasantly shocked.
A little chocolate in your chili brings out the flavours in the rest of the ingredients. A sauce made from chilies, chocolate other spices and vegetables can make wonderful marinades for many dishes; such as chicken, ham and even meatloaf.
If you want award-winning cookware to cook your award-winning chili in… click here
- 1 pound extra lean ground beef
- 1 cup onion chopped
- 10 ounce Campbell's tomato soup
- 14 ounce can of kidney beans with juice
- 10 ounce can of brown beans with juice
- 1/2 cup sweet peppers chopped
- 1 cup water
- 1 tsp Beef bouillon powder
- 1/2 cup corn
- 1 cup mushrooms fresh and sliced
- 1 tsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 1/4 tsp liquid smoke
- 2 tsp chili powder
- 1 tbsp cocoa sifted
In skillet brown ground beef and onion. Drain. Put into a large saucepan.
Add remaining ingredients. Stir well.
Bring to a boil. Simmer and cover for about 20 minutes, stirring occasionally.
Chili is done when peppers and mushrooms are cooked through