My mom was a stay at home mom and took care of the house and our family. My dad was a truck driver (local). My mom would always make a big dinner like meal at lunchtime because my dad would pick me up from school in his truck every day and half my friends would jump on the back of the truck all the way home (many years ago btw and home was only a few blocks lol). I remember fried chicken one of my most favourite meals mom used to make. Way better than KFC and made with so much love.
Buttermilk Fried Chicken
Crispy on the outside and juicy on the inside! This buttermilk fried chicken is a family favorite!
6 h 45 m
- Toss together chicken pieces, black pepper, salt, paprika, rosemary, thyme, oregano, sage, white pepper, and cayenne in a large bowl to coat.
- Stir in buttermilk until chicken is coated. Refrigerate for 6 hours.
- Combine flour, salt, paprika, cayenne, garlic powder, white pepper, and onion powder in a large shallow dish.
- Remove chicken from the buttermilk and dredge each piece in the seasoned flour. Shake off any excess and transfer to a plate.
- Heat peanut oil in a large Dutch oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Add all the chicken to the pan and cook for 10 minutes.
- Turn chicken pieces and cook for another 10-15 minutes.
- Remove chicken from the oil and transfer to a cooling rack set over a paper towel lined baking sheet. Let sit for 10 minutes before serving.