What Is Muskmelon? 🍈 Muskmelon is what I think of as My Superhero Fruit. It is cooling and hydrating because they have such a high percentage of water. Muskmelons are often mistaken for Cantaloupes, they are both melons but are so completely different. Muskmelons […]
Best Moist Zucchini Bread Recipe The first time I heard some talking about Zucchini bread I thought they had lost their mind. I thought how in the world can that be good? It sounded disgusting. After years ( yes years unfortunately ) of hearing […]
Caribbean Salmon with Mango-Vegetable Salsa & Guava Barbecue Sauce This is a very inexpensive dish to make. It will feed a lot of people and can make it for your most elegant dinner, to your quick and easy too tired to cook dinner. If you don’t […]
Bloomin’ Baked Apples Recipe
This has got to be the best dessert in the world. Who doesn’t love warm baked apples? Well add caramels, caramel, cinnamon and ice cream – Now you have a dreamy creamy dessert!
Recipe type: Dessert
2 Honeycrisp apples (or other crisp apples)
2 tbsp butter
3 tbsp brown sugar, packed
1 tbsp flour
1 tsp cinnamon
Optional toppings: vanilla ice cream, caramel sauce, and cinnamon
1. Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
2. To get the blooming apple look, you need to cut the apples. Slice off the top ¼ to ⅓ of the apples. Scoop
out the core with a melon baller or stainless steel measuring spoon.
3. Use a thin paring knife to make two, deep circular cuts around the center of the apple. Next, turn the
apple over and make narrow cuts all the way around the apple. Flip it back over and you can see all of the
4. Place the apples in an oven safe dish and put two caramels into the center of each apple.
5. Heat butter and brown sugar in the microwave for 30 second, stir and continue heating for an additional
30 seconds. Remove from the microwave and stir in flour and cinnamon. Divide the mixture over the top
of the two sliced apples.
6. Bake at 375 for 25-30 minutes. (Check apples after 25 minutes and continue cooking until tender. Some
apples can take 45 min to 1 hour to soften.)
7. Remove from the oven and use a large spoon to move the apples into bowls.
8. Top with a scoop of ice cream, drizzle with caramel and sprinkle with cinnamon. The ice cream will cause
the caramel in the center to harden so eat quickly or put the ice cream scoop on the side.
Recipe by The Gunny Sack at Bloomin Baked Apples
Please note: This recipe and photos come from The Gunny Sack I do not take credit for the recipe or the photos, but BOY OH BOY do I wish I could. Mine are in the oven baking right now 😊😊😊 I thought I would share this wonderful recipe I found with you!
UPDATE: Mine Just Came Out
Shrimp Salad Wraps with Chili Dipping Sauce These are so light and delicious – one will NEVER be enough! Ingredients 3/4 cup short grain white rice 1 1/2 cups water 1 tbsp rice vinegar 1 tsp salt 1/4 cup water 1/2 low fat Vegetable or Chicken […]
Chicken Parmesan Lasagna Recipe This recipe tastes so good you won’t want to make the original with beef again. Loaded with cheese, vegetables and the creamiest sauce, will make your mouth water just lookin at it. Ingredients 1 1/2 cups fresh mushrooms, sliced 1 […]